Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Home

For reasons I can't quite put my finger on, no other blog post I've written has generated as many e-mails from readers interested in knowing more about the subject than this one from 2012, about the mysterious horror writer William Scott Home. The phrase "mysterious horror writer" may explain most of it, I suppose, but anyway I get a lot of e-mails asking if I know anything more about the man, or if I ever got into contact with Home's sister, who some time after it was published found the piece and left a comment that I didn't notice until a while later. So my answer to the curious was always some version of "No, sorry."

Well, without saying more than I should, and not to make the events sound more clandestine than they were, especially since outside of writing that post I had nothing to do with any of this, there's now a blog about Home that has been put together by people who actually know the man. I've been kept in the loop about this, for which I'm very flattered, but I mostly had to keep mum because certain people have been waiting for certain things. But the thing's live now, as is the first post, which is a fairly detailed short biography of William Scott Home. He's a surprising guy. For example, perhaps you don't know that he's alive and well and living in Alaska doing work in the fields of biology and anthropology, and he doesn't seem to have much time for the internet.

Anyhow, check it out. Here's Tracking William Scott Home.


No comments:

Followers